Symphonic Choirs is an ambitious and powerful instrument capable of recreating the sound of a real choir with an incredible degree of realism. Nothing else quite delivers the control, sonic quality, and flexibility that SC offers. If you absolutely, positively must have the most natural and realistic choir (and you can’t afford to hire one), Symphonic Choirs is really the only choice, a clear Key Buy.
Imagine typing words into your computer, in any language, and hearing a world class Symphonic Choir sing those words in any key(s) you play “live” on your keyboard controller! Well imagine no more, that’s exactly what this revolutionary “award-winning” virtual instrument does. In addition, the Platinum edition (Gold edition has one mic position and is 16-bit) is the first 24-bit Choir virtual instrument to include three simultaneous stereo mic setups (close, stage and hall), so users can mix any combination of mic positions to control ambience. The Choirs were recorded in the same concert hall, by the same team as the EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and blend perfectly with EWQLSO.
To achieve the feel of a live concert hall performance, each instrument and section was recorded with three mic positions: close, stage (conductor‘s position) and hall. By selecting different mic positions, users can mix these sounds together to create any kind of natural ambience their project requires. This eliminates the need for artificial reverb.
The Symphonic Choirs Expansion (Voices of the Apocalypse content) was recorded separately, at 24-bit resolution with a single mic position.
Wordbuilder, now built into EastWest’s Play software, is the word building software that enables Symphonic Choirs and Symphonic Choirs Expansion users to type in words for the Choirs to sing. This revolutionary software also includes a pop-down menu that includes popular pre-built phrases that you can load instantly. This is a real time saver for those on a tight deadline. The phrases have been optimized for each Choir. The phrases menu is customizable so you can add your own phrases to WordBuilder for quick and easy access. This is the most powerful vocals solution available.
- G.A.N.G. (GAME AUDIO NETWORK GUILD) “SAMPLE LIBRARY OF THE YEAR AWARD”
- ELECTRONIC MUSICIAN “EDITOR’S CHOICE” AWARD
- KEYBOARD MAGAZINE “KEY BUY” AWARD
- New wordbuilder software built into Play (plus new pre-built phrases and words)
- Extended ranges (Sopranos – D3 to E5, Altos – F2 to A4, Tenors – C2 to D4, Basses B0 to D3)
- Intuitive custom interface
- Intelligent Performance section including Portamento, Repetition, Legato, Round Robin Reset
- Improved articulation window and controls
- On screen mic position mixing
- State of the art Convolution Reverb with pre-delay and additional Master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- Convolution includes hall choir was recorded in for additional control of hall ambience
- Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- Release trails unaffected by mod-wheel cross-fade programs, radical mod-wheel movements do not degrade release trails
- Recall custom key-switches instantly
- Key-switch sizes now unlimited
- State of the art sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- Hi fidelity one pole filter for natural cross-fades
- Stereo image editing now possible using channel sourcing
- Completely re-programmed for EastWest’s PLAY software from the original recordings
[wap_items post_type=”wap-items” taxonomy=”wap_cat” terms=”S-choirs-gold” items=”5″ id=”03″]
WordBuilder™ is the word building software that enables Symphonic Choirs users to type in words for the Choirs to sing.
WordBuilder lets you type in words in English for the Choirs to sing. For added detail, you can use WordBuilder’s internal phonetic language, VoTox. With VoTox you get complete control over each phoneme. Adjust timing, volume, and crossfade to get just the sound you need. The “Learn” function adapts WordBuilder’s timing to your playing to give you even greater control over crossfades and complex pronunciation.
The “Phrases” pop-up menu includes 28 popular Latin phrases that you can load instantly. Many choirs sing in Latin so this can be a real time saver for those on a tight deadline. The phrases have been optimized for each Choir. The Phrases menu is completely customizable so users can add their own phrases to the menu for quick and easy access.
Symphonic Choirs Expansion (included in the bundle)
The Symphonic Choirs Expansion expands the content of Symphonic Choirs with the best samples from Quantum Leap Voices of the Apocalypse. Voices of the Apocalypse has FFF, heavy vibrato vowels that go beyond what is currently in Symphonic Choirs. So the Symphonic Choirs Expansion lets you crossfade from the loudest Symphonic Choirs vowels into the FFF Voices of the Apocalypse vowels. The result is a well integrated sound that can only be described as MASSIVE. Because Voices of the Apocalypse was also recorded with wordbuilding in mind, these new expansion patches also work with Wordbuilder. The Symphonic Choirs Expansion also includes the ever popular Angels and Demons samples from Voices of the Apocalypse.
Men’s and Women’s FFF vowels (ah, ih, uh, oh, oo, eh, ee) are included as well as the “Angels” and “Demons” patches from the original Voices of the Apocalypse.
The additional VOTA content was recorded at 24-bit resolution with a single mic position.
EastWest’s PLAY software is a 64-bit Advanced Sample Engine (plug-in or standalone).
Multiple Mic Positions
- All instruments were sampled with three different mic positions (platinum edition only), allowing you to mix together any combination of mics using the interface for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambiance control. This feature enables you to customize the sound of the choir to your own requirements.
- Please note: while most computers suitable for running professional music software will run one of the mic positions (what you typically get with other choir libraries), you should have a recommended system or above to have all options available.
- Control all mic positions for the orchestra, choirs, pianos, and other instruments with multiple mic positions with the built-in mic mixer
- Now taken a step further, do it right in the patch
- Load, unload, adjust, pan, mute mic positions as you wish
As Beautiful As It Sounds
- Interface designed to eliminate clutter, including only the controls needed for each individual virtual instrument
All instruments are listed in one browser
- Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments
- Favorites section to group the instruments you use most
- Preview your instrument of choice in an easy-to-use column viewer
- Interface automatically changes to display current instrument
- Forget browsing through complicated patch names: pick the instrument and play
- Turn on/off articulations as you wish
- Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts)
- Save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval
- PLAY senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly
- PLAY allows the user to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways
- Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels
- Mono from left , Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono
- Highest quality resampling engine
- Built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible
- EastWest/Quantum Leap now design instruments every step of the way without compromise
- The best sounding and most powerful effects engine out there, built from the ground up for the highest possible quality
- Reverb section includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EastWest Studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio)
- The smoothest filters you’ll ever hear
Platforms and Hosts
- AU, AAX, VST, Standalone, Mac OS 10.7 or above, Windows 7 or above, 64-bit
- Natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems – PLAY no matter what your platform
- More native support than any other plug-in
- Standalone: PLAY as many instruments as your computer can handle in one application
PLAY isn’t just a sampler. The PLAY SYSTEM is a professional, fully integrated sample playback software solution for those with the most demanding production requirements.
- The highest sound quality (ground-up effects, highest quality interpolation)
- The best virtual instruments from the multiple award-winning EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP producers
- The most intuitive controls, custom designed for each library
- Complete portability