A distortion engine like no other
Trash and Burn
Give new life to your audio with the Trash module’s 60+ distortion algorithms. Design your own unique distortions with the graphics-based Waveshaper. Split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies, each with their own custom waveshape. Chain two distortion algorithms for each frequency band for up to 8 different flavors of destruction.
Go Beyond Distortion
Don’t just add distortion! Add texture, body, and depth to your audio with Trash 2’s extensive suite of modules. Choose from over 100 impulse responses with the Convolve module. Explore new sonic dimensions with the Delay and Dynamics modules. Breathe life and movement into your audio using the dual Filters, each with 20+ evocative filter types to shape your tone.
Multiband Trash Module
The heart of Trash is its dual-stage multiband waveshaping distortion—allowing you to chain pairs of distortions together for sonic manipulation. Split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies, each with their own custom waveshape. Use the new Waveform Trace to see exactly how you’re mangling your waveforms in real time, and DC offset filtering to keep them centered and on track. Be extreme or be benevolent: the power of audio annihilation is completely within your control.
- Apply different distortion types to up to 4 frequency bands.
- Chain two distortion algorithms for each frequency band for up to 8 different flavors of destruction.
- Choose from over 60 different distortion algorithms.
- Design and edit your own distortions using the new graphic-based Waveshaper.
- Filter each stage with the included Post Filter.
- Further refine your distortions with the DC Offset Filter and Logarithmic Distortion modes.
With distortion, tone is everything. Trash 2 gives you two new redesigned Filter modules to drive the frequencies you want into distortion or tame the ones you don’t want. Shape the tone and make it your own with re-engineered Filter shapes and new Vowel Filters.
- Experiment with 20+ sweepable filters for tons of tonal options that range from clean and warm to fat and juicy to harsh and clipping.
- Get twice the filter action with brand new Filter 1 and Filter 2 modules.
- Add LFO and envelope modulation per node to get wahs, wubs, tremolos, and other sweeping effects.
- Let your Filter settings react dynamically to other incoming audio with new sidechaining support.
- Put both Filter modules in parallel to achieve different combinations of filter settings simultaneously.
Trash features extremely realistic amp, device, cabinet, effect and speaker convolution modeling, freeing you to place your audio into another space (or object) entirely. Choose from classics, combos, boutique models, and stacks, or play with creative synthetic impulses from a number of different sources. There’s a tone and character for any situation—let Trash bring you outside the box with telephones, clock radios, sheet metal, plexiglass tubes, piano cabinets, tin cans, and more. Still want more? You’re in luck! With the Convolve module, you can teleport your sound wherever you please by loading in your own audio files.
Multiband Dynamics Module
Controlling distortion goes far beyond simple filtering and limiting. To get the most out of your tracks, Trash 2 includes a multiband Compressor and Noise Gate to squash the peaks, add grit and character, silence the noise, or draw out sustain. With the addition of sidechaining support, multiband processing, and an updated compression algorithm, the Dynamics module is sure to be among the most powerful tools in Trash 2.
- Get analog-modeled and grit-filled compression and gating from the redesigned Dynamics module.
- Apply Dynamics to different frequency ranges independently with 4-band Multiband support.
- Trigger the Compressor or Gate via external sources with sidechaining support–even to individual frequency bands in Multiband mode.
- Keep an eye on extensive Dynamics metering for immediate visual feedback.
- Determine exactly which frequencies trigger Dynamics processing using the new Detection Filter, or exploit the Filter’s resonance for more creative applications of compression.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-Gain compensation.
Unlock even more potential for texture and space with Trash’s Delay module. With a selection of tape, tape/tube, analog, digital and lo-fi digital delay types, input filtering, the ability to add additional distortion and width, along with paralell controls, Trash 2’s Delay module can add that final finishing touch, or take your sound out of this world.