HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS not only includes 87 vocal instruments and 588 solo phrases, it`s designed for use with WordBuilder, the award-winning software that will sing whatever you type. Hundreds of WordBuilder `editable` phrases are included to get you started, and advanced features like DAW tempo-sync and global parameter grouping enable you to tailor-fit these background vocals to your next production. It was recorded with a collection of vintage tube microphones in world famous EastWest Studio 3, home to some of the most iconic hits from the 1960s till the present day, including the Beach Boys masterpiece Pet Sounds, Mamas and Papas, Blondie, through to modern day productions from Ariana Grande, Frank Ocean, and Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper`s Grammy and Academy award-winning “A Star Is Born” soundtrack.
RISE ABOVE (YOU GOT TO HOLD ON) BY RYAN THOMAS
HOLLYWOOD DIVAS BY ANTONGIULIO FRULIO
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS INTERFACE
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS WORDBUILDER
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS features vocals across a variety of categories:
- Vowels includes regular and expressive vowel instruments, and sustain expressive vowel instruments (which is a combination of the two vowel types). The expressive vowels also have ‘LES’ versions, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet, something Pink Floyd did on many backing vocal tracks. Each instrument is programmed to cross-fade between multiple dynamic layers using the Mod Wheel (CC1).
- Consonants includes b, d, g, j, l, m, n, r, th, v, w, y, and z consonant instruments, as well as an unpitched consonants instrument. Each are programmed to cross-fade between multiple dynamic layers using the Mod Wheel (CC1).
- Combo MOD includes a variety of instruments that use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to switch between multiple layers of regular and expressive vowel types, or in the case of the ‘Xfde’ sub-folder, use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to cross-fade between these layers. The expressive vowels also have ‘LES’ versions, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet.
- Solo Phrases includes instruments that feature solo phrases and sub-phrases that were recorded over a drone in multiple root note positions for use in a variety of keys and modes. There are ‘LES’ versions available, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet. Each vocalist was recorded as a soloist, whereas the rest of the collection features the 3 vocalists recorded together.
- Keyswitch includes instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument that uses blue-colored keyswitches to activate a given articulation. There are keyswitch instruments available for vowels, consonants, and solo phrases, including ‘LES’ versions where available.
- WB Multi contains a specially designed multi-instrument that is pre-configured for use with WordBuilder. Simply load the WB Multi containing all the necessary phonetic sounds required to build words, type a phrase in the Text Editor (or choose from over 260 phrase and word presets) and the backup singers will sing the words.